The NACAT Education Foundation, through the NACAT Education Foundation New Automotive Teacher Award, will annually support an award for attendance at a NACAT Conference in the US or Canada for a new automotive teacher. These awards have the following goals:
- To recognize outstanding beginning automotive teachers;
- To enhance the ability of the recipient to deliver quality instruction to his/her students;
- To promote academic awareness of the professionalism in automotive education and foster contact and cooperation between automotive educators, industry, and educational institutions in North America.
Any public institution in the U.S. or Canada that teaches a secondary or post secondary automotive program is eligible to nominate faculty to participate in this program.
Nominees must meet ALL of the following criteria (self nomination is encouraged):
- Must be in first five years of automotive teaching; (Note: age of applicant not a criteria for selection)
- Must be full time employees of the institution; (9 or 12 month contract)
- Must be able to incur expenses for attendance at the Conference not covered by the award.
A. The award will be known as the New Automotive Teacher Award and will be administered by the NACAT Education Foundation.
B. The award will provide NACAT Conference registration fees ($250) and $1000 toward travel, lodging, and other expenses incurred in attendance. The award will be presented during the Thursday Banquet at the Conference.
C. Applicants may apply for more than one award but are only eligible to receive one NACAT Education Foundation award. If an applicant is judged first place in more than one award the applicant must choose which award to receive. Second place choice will move up to first in the award not selected.
Award nominees are required to submit the following materials by May 1. Each applicant should indicate in their cover letter all the NACAT Foundation Awards for which they are eligible and for which they seek consideration.
- Complete the NACAT Education Foundation Award Nomination Form.
- Include a cover letter indicating you are applying for the NACAT Education Foundation New Automotive Teacher Award, and, in one page or less, discuss your reasons for becoming an automotive teacher and how the receipt of the award will help you be a better teacher.
- Provide a copy of your Resume (indicate past automotive employment, automotive training, automotive licenses and certification. Also include other educational background.)
- Be certain that you have obtained permission from the administrator/supervisor you name as your reference. As applicants advance in the selection process we will contact the reference for statement verification.
Award applications will be reviewed during May of each award year. The NACAT Foundation Award Committee will select the top candidate and one alternate. Each applicant will be informed of the final decision, the winner and alternate will be notified before May 15th. The winner must accept the award and its terms in writing, before June 1, 2017.
The NACAT Foundation is an equal opportunity organization; awards are made on criterion free of any references to age, sex, religion, race, national origin, disability, or ethnic background.
The application must be postmarked no later than May 1, 2017 for consideration for the 2017 Award.
You may either Submit application materials:
Send by FIRST CLASS MAIL TO:
Att: NACAT Education Foundation New Teacher Award
NACAT Education Foundation
717 Old Trolley Road Suite 6-329
Summerville, SC 29485