To provide scholarships and grants primarily for the improvement of automotive education, to teachers, schools, and students of automotive and related technologies.
Support from NACAT’s foundation is intended to complement and assist individual and local efforts and to serve as a catalyst to increase other forms of support for worthy individuals and for projects of high quality. The NACAT Foundation supports projects which aid scholarship, research in automotive education; help improve automotive instruction, and foster communication and cooperation between North American automotive educators and the automotive industry.
Giving primarily to NACAT members, member schools and students of member schools to further automotive education. The NACAT Foundation does not fund projects that:
- Are undertaken to satisfy requirements for an academic degree. (With the exception of scholarship funds for undergraduate students enrolled in NACAT member school.)
- To perform automotive engineering or technical research.
- To develop or produce educational materials, i.e.: write books, produce audio, visual, computer, or multi-media training materials. (With the exception of national or international cooperative projects for the development of automotive curriculum and curriculum materials. The development of teaching materials which become the copy written property of the foundation.)
- Are directed at persuading an audience to a particular corporate, political, philosophical, religious, or ideological point of view, or that advocate a particular program of social action or change; and examine controversial local, national, international issues with out taking into account competing perspectives.
Automotive Program Support:
Grants provided by these programs are intended to assist schools in improving the quality of their automotive programs. Some of these opportunities may require matching funds be provided by the school or another agency.
- NACAT/NATEF Program Certification Assistance. Travel, lodging, and other expenses up to $500 for a NACAT appointed NATEF mentor. The mentor will act as a resource person for the program seeking NATEF Certification, to assist the program in completing the various stages of the NATEF certification process.
- Equipment Donations. The foundation will receive manufacturer's donations of tools, automotive shop equipment, vehicles, and training materials. Schools will make application to the foundation for needed equipment. Awards will be based on need and criterion set by the donor. The award recipient will be responsible for shipping costs.