The NACAT Education Foundation is an equal opportunity organization; awards are made on criterion free of any references to age, sex, religion, race, national origin, disability, or ethnic background. In order to provide opportunities for all applicants the Foundation will vigorously seek contributions from donors in each country.1. General
2. Application Guidelines
- Awards made from the Foundations funds or sponsored by the NACAT Corporation shall not differentiate between applicants from the United States or Canada. Such awards will be made on the basis of the applicants meeting the criterion for the award. No attempt will be made to maintain a "balance" of awards to applicants from either country.
- Awards sponsored by government agencies or private donors and administered through the Foundation may be limited to applicants from only one country.
- The Foundation will announce the availability of scholarships, grants, and awards through advertisement in the NACAT NEWS, and in educational and trade publications where such announcements will be carried without cost to the Foundation. The Foundation will communicate with all state/provincial, national and international automotive educational organizations of which it is aware to inform them of opportunities which they may apply or qualify for.
- Applications and requests for applications may be directed to the NACAT National office. Deadline dates for scholarships, grants, and equipment awards will be detailed at the time of announcement.
4. Selection Committee
- No candidate for award will be considered if he/she is related to a current NACAT Board Member or Officer, or to a member of the award selection or determination committee.
- "The Trustees of the Foundation may at their discretion appoint members of the NACAT Corporation to serve in various capacities such as reviewing applications for support and making recommendations to the Trustees for awards. The Trustees may empower their appointees to make independent decisions in the selection of award recipients. Trustees or their appointed officials shall not be eligible for awards or grants from the foundation."
- Any and all members of the committee or group responsible for the selection of award candidates or the determination of the recipients of awards must strictly adhere to the following guidelines:
- In the event that a selection or determination committee member is employed by the same school from which a candidate has applied, he or she will be ineligible to take part in the selection or determination of said candidate.
- All persons involved in the selection or determination process for awards must be current members of record of NACAT.