Mitchell1 Automotive Technology Outstanding Student Scholarship
This annual scholarship is offered through the NACAT Education Foundation and is presented at the annual NACAT Conference and Awards Dinner. The scholarship recognizes one high school senior for outstanding achievement in automotive technology / auto shop repair scholastics.
The scholarship applicant must be a current student majoring in automotive technology / auto shop repair course work and must meet the following criteria:
- Nomination from his/her NACAT instructor
- Minimum overall 3.0 grade point average
- Planning to attend an accredited college or university, or already enrolled in an accredited college or university, and
- A U.S. or Canadian citizen
The winning student receives a $2,500 scholarship, a check for $500 and roundtrip airfare and accommodations for the winner and a guest to attend the NACAT conference.
Applicants are required to submit the following materials (postmarked by May 15th) for scholarship consideration:
- A nomination letter from their NACAT instructor (should be limited to two pages). The nominating NACAT instructor must be a member in good standing.
- A cover letter from the applicant indicating his/her career path in the automotive repair industry and thoughts about the future of the industry and the personal educational needs/desires should be typed by the scholarship applicant.
- An unofficial transcript of grades may be submitted by the student, but must be validated by the instructor submitting the nomination letter. An official transcript embossed with the school registrar’s stamp and signed by the registrar will also be accepted.
Scholarship applications will be reviewed during May of each award year by the NACAT Education Foundation Award committee. The committee will select the top candidate and one alternate. Each applicant will be notified before June 1. The winner must accept the scholarship and its terms, in writing, before June 11 of the award year or forfeit the award. A scholarship not accepted by the due date will be awarded to the first alternate.
Applications must be postmarked by May 15th and sent to:
Mitchell 1 Automotive Technology Scholarship
The NACAT Education Foundation
P.O. Box 80010
Charleston, SC 29416
For more information on the Mitchell 1 Outstanding Student Scholarship please visit the Mitchell 1 website.