The NACAT Education Foundation’s vision is to assist in the maintenance of excellence within the fields of Transportation Technologies. We are committed to the enhancement of transportation technology education in North America and understand the special needs of transportation technology programs in various economic climates. We recognize industry trainers, teachers, students, and schools as all being vital components in the transportation technology education matrix. We believe that our efforts should aid scholarship and research in transportation technology education, help improve transportation technology instruction, and foster communication and cooperation between North American transportation technology educators and industry. To succeed, we must
· Individual Giving
· Corporate and Government Grants and Giving
· Provide Grants to Transportation Technology programs in need.
· Provide Scholarships to the Annual NACAT Conference for educators and trainers.
· Allocate Gifts-in-Kind donations to Transportation Technology programs.
· Proactively discover new methods to assist those within Transportation Technology Education.
INVEST IN INDUSTRY RELATIONSHIPS
· Help learn best practices by benchmarking successful industry relationships and methodologies.
· Maintain a wide-view of Transportation Technology Education from an industry-wide perspective rather than only an educator perspective.
· Assist in adapting as needed to an ever-changing Transportation Technology Education field.
BE SELF CRITICAL
· Develop strategies based upon past successes and failures.
· Implement best practices to apply to future endeavors.
· Continue to learn, evolve, and stay current with the changing needs of Transportation Technology Education.